Chicken Barbecue and Slaw Sandwiches
Few meals say summertime like a tangy chicken barbecue sandwiches with a crunchy slaw.
- 3 chicken breast halves, bone-in
- Sauce1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- Slaw4 cups cabbage, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In small bowl, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, onion, garlic, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in glass baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken, turning to coat all sides. Turn chicken skin-side up. Place in oven and bake 1 hour. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While chicken is cooling, in large bowl, stir together cabbage, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Discard chicken skin. Pull meat off bones; place meat in saucepan. Scrape sauce out of baking dish and stir into saucepan. Over low heat, warm chicken until hot throughout.
- Open buns on plates; top with chicken and slaw. Close buns and serve.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 143 (31%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 7g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 55g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.