Chicken and Pear Salad on Arugula
Celebrate the best of the pear season with this lovely late-summer chicken salad.
- 1 whole chicken, pre-roasted, sliced
- 1/2 cup bottled fruit-flavored or blue cheese salad dressing, low-calorie
- 3 pears, sliced
- 2 bunches arugula, rinsed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Place the pears and arugula in a medium bowl; toss with salad dressing.
- Arrange arugula salad plates. Divide chicken slices among the plates and place on top of the salad. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 230 (39%)
(40%)Total Fat 26g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(18%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.