Cherry Nut Macaroons
A cure for your sweet tooth! These aren't really macaroons, but they're a great combo of sweet, tart, and crunch—and they're super-easy to whip up.
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 1/2 cups bran flake cereal
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- In a food processor, chop the almonds, walnuts, and pecans until they are finely diced, set aside.
- In a microwavable bowl, melt 1 Tbsp of butter and add the chocolate chips. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until fully melted. Stir to combine.
- Gradually stir the bran cereal into the chocolate, mixing thoroughly. Add the nut mixture and dried cherries until fully combined.
- With a spoon create 1-inch balls and place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge and let set for about an hour.
Calories from Fat 51 (47%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.