Cheese Steak Pizza
A meat lover's pizza with plenty of beef, onions, and bell peppers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced thin, separated into rings
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) thick prebaked pizza crust (12-inch)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 6 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until beef is not pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, breaking beef up into small crumbles. Pour off drippings; season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Top with beef mixture, then cheese. Bake in 400°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 226 (44%)
(38%)Total Fat 25g
(51%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.