Cheddar Olive Arapas
For a more intense, slightly tangy flavor, try sharp cheddar cheese in these simple, delicious cakes.
- 1 cup fine ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, olives, cheddar cheese, green onions and salt. Add melted butter and stir in water, until evenly mixed. Set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 (2 ounce) portions and form into 2 1/2-inch wide discs. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Fry cakes for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
Calories from Fat 53 (48%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.