Charcoal Grilled Shrimp
A marinade including vermouth, garlic, and Tabasco infuses the shrimp with sweet-and-spicy flavors.
- 2 lbs large shrimp (in the shell)
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbs dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 Tbs minced shallots or green onions (white part only)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- several dashes Tabasco sauce
- Place shrimp in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over shrimp. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. Drain shrimp and reserve marinade. Thread on skewers or place in a wire grill basket. Grill shrimp over hot coals, turning and brushing with reserved marinade, until pink and cooked through, about 8-10 minutes. Serve with wooden picks.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 99 (47%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.