Celery Olive Salad
This creamy salad packs enough crunch and flavor to make a satisfying and refreshing meal.
- 3 Tbs lowfat buttermilk
- 1 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 2 tsp country Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 oz celery root, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup diced Fuji apples
- 3/4 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 Tbs toasted sliced almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss celery root, apples, olives and green onions with dressing until evenly coated. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Calories from Fat 65 (51%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 14g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.