Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin with Goat Cheese
The addition of goat cheese and yogurt adds high-quality protein and calcium to this healthy gratin.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place 1 inch (2.5 cm) of water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Place the cauliflower and broccoli in a steamer basket and add to the pan. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until tender. Transfer to an ovenproof gratin dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese and yogurt to remove any lumps. Spoon over the vegetables. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
Copyright © 2005 by Evelyn H. Lauder
Calories from Fat 98 (58%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.