Candied Spiced Pecans
These are great holiday treats that you can give to friends and use to fill up stockings.
- 2 cups pecans
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, sift together granulated sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple extract, brown sugar, and water.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a skillet. Slowly whisk in brown sugar mixture and bring to a boil. Add pecans and stir to coat. Simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes until well coated.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer pecans to the reserved sugar and spice bowl. Coat pecans with sugar and spice mixture.
- Place pecans evenly on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Stir pecans and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.
Calories from Fat 133 (75%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(22%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 10g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.