Canadian Bacon-Stuffed Shell Salad
This recipe takes pasta salad to a big flavor level. It's great to make ahead and serve for a simple luncheon.
- 12 oz Canadian style bacon, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 conchiglioni (jumbo shells)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- Cut Canadian bacon into thin strips. In a large bowl combine bacon, zucchini, red pepper and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over bacon mixture; toss gently to mix. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook conchiglioni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bacon mixture into each conchiglioni. Place the shells, filled side up, in a baking dish. Cover and chill 2-4 hours. To serve, arrange romaine among salad plates. Place 2 shells atop each.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh seasonal fruit.
Calories from Fat 83 (52%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 8g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.