Canadian Bacon Pitas
- 3/4 lb Canadian-style bacon
- 1 cup sliced broccoli
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 tsp dried summer savory
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Slice Canadian-style bacon into 24 slices, 1/4-inch thick each. Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil 5 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile cook broccoli, cauliflower and celery in boiling salted water 2 minutes; drain thoroughly. Stir in mushrooms, green onion and summer savory.
- Place 3 slices Canadian-style bacon in each pita bread half. Spoon an equal amount of vegetable mixture into each bread half; sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons cheese. Place sandwich halves on baking sheet; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Calories from Fat 99 (27%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 41g
(26%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.