California-Style Grilled Pizzetta
A simple recipe for quick pizza dough makes this tasty grilled pie truly homemade.
- Dough1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- Topping3 cups roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 2-inch strips
- 2 cups (12 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 2 cups olives, halved
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, thinly sliced into ribbons
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together water, yeast, sugar and 1 cup of flour evenly combined. Allow to rest in a warm environment for 10-15 minutes until mixture begins to look bubbly on top.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt, then knead in flour 1 cup at a time. Cover bowl, and allow dough to rise in a warm spot for 1 hour. After dough has risen, punch down and transfer to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide into 6 (4-5 oz.) pieces and shape into balls. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, then, using a rolling pin, flatten each ball into a thin 7-inch disc.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Brush each disc with remaining olive oil, then slide onto grill (oil side down). Cook for 3-4 minutes over high heat, then transfer to a clean cutting board or plate with the cooked side facing up.
- Top each pizzetta crust with 1/2 cup of roasted peppers, 2 ounces of mozzarella and 1/3 cup of olives. Slide onto grill, cover and cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes until dough is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove to a clean cutting board, sprinkle with arugula and cut into quarters.
Calories from Fat 170 (31%)
(30%)Total Fat 19g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 71g
(20%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.