California Ripe Olive, Rainbow Chard,and Tomato Gratin
The delicate flavor of cooked chard combines with cheese, garlic, and olives with delicious results.
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup coarse bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 2 lbs rainbow chard
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup olives, halved
- Combine butter, breadcrumbs and asiago cheese in a small bowl and set aside. Remove chard leaves from stalks and chop each separately. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium, add chard stalks and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in garlic, chard leaves, salt and oregano and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until leaves are fully wilted and stalks are tender. Mix tomatoes and olives into chard and remove from heat. Pour chard mixture into a greased 9" by 9" baking pan and sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumb mixture. Place under a preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes until top is golden brown.
Calories from Fat 66 (42%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.