Butternut Squash and Olive Risotto
This autumn-inspired risotto will warm and satisfy on a chilly day.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs chopped sage
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- Heat olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add butternut squash, garlic, sage and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in Arborio, then pour in white wine.
- Continue to stir over medium-high heat until fully absorbed. Combine broth and water and pour into pan, a 1/2 cup at a time, continuing to stir until all of the liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (approximately 20 minutes). Mix in olives and parmesan cheese and top with almonds. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 118 (29%)
(20%)Total Fat 13g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 62g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.