Butterflied Chicken with Herbs and Sticky Lemon
Sherry vinegar, fresh lemon slices, and a honey-chipotle sauce covers the chicken breasts with sweet tangy goodness.
- 1 whole chicken, back bone and breast bone removed and flattened
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 10 long sprigs thyme
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 2 Tbs toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. On cookie sheet, place rosemary sprigs, thyme sprigs and garlic. Arrange flattened chicken on top and sprinkle with olive oil. Place chicken in 400° F oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour sherry vinegar over chicken and cook additional 15 minutes.
- Place lemon slices over chicken. In small bowl, mix together honey and chipotle sauce; brush over lemon slices. Bake chicken additional 10-15 minutes, brushing with honey sauce (use foil to cover chicken if it starts to burn).
- Test for doneness by inserting an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh. It should register 180° F. Remove chicken to platter and sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Calories from Fat 557 (62%)
(96%)Total Fat 62g
(82%)Saturated Fat 16g
Polyunsaturated Fat 13g
Monounsaturated Fat 29g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.