Buon Giorno Frittata
Olives give this "good day" frittata an extra savory bite.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- 2 Tbs low fat milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups halved and sliced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1(6 ounce) can olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup grated fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together eggs, egg whites, basil, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a 10-inch oven proof sauté pan over medium. Add zucchini and onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Mix in 1 cup of olives and red bell peppers, remove from heat and stir into egg mixture. Pour egg and vegetable mixture back into pan, turn heat to medium-high and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes until eggs are set on the bottom. Sprinkle the top of the frittata with grated cheese and remaining olives and place into a 400 degree oven for 13-15 minutes until cooked through.
Calories from Fat 90 (63%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.