Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Nothing cuts the cold like a warm bowl of this creamy and delicious soup.
- 2 Tbs salted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 10 oz 2% sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté shallots and onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, celery, spinach, and potatoes. Sprinkle with mustard and thyme. Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over vegetables and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 40 to 60 minutes.
- In batches, purée the soup in a blender. Return soup to pot and stir in shredded cheese.
- Slowly whisk in milk and return to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories from Fat 86 (27%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.