Blueberry Shrimp Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Blueberries compliment the tanginess of the lemon and shrimp in this delicious summer salad.
- 3/4 pound medium-size shrimp, boiled or grilled (about 20)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup edamame or green peas, cooked
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens (about 4 cups)
- 2 ounces firm white cheese, such as feta, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Lemon Vinaigrette1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss shrimp, blueberries, walnut pieces, edamame (or peas) and salad greens. Evenly divide salad onto six plates; drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette. Sprinkle cheese around edges of salads.
- Lemon VinaigretteIn a small mixing bowl, whisk 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Calories from Fat 236 (63%)
(42%)Total Fat 27g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 9g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(13%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.