Blade Steaks Marinated with Jalapeño Chiles & Cilantro
This mouth-watering recipe turns up the heat on pork with a citrusy, spicy marinade that takes just 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs pork blade steak, 3/4 inch thick (about 6 chops)
- adobo seasoning with cumin, (to taste)
- 3 limes, juiced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 jalapeño chiles, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle adobo seasoning onto both sides of pork.
- Combine juice, chiles and cilantro in large resealable plastic bag. Add seasoned pork and seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Grill pork over medium-hot coals 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until barely pink in center.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve pork steaks with warm corn tortillas.
Calories from Fat 49 (45%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 0g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.