Black Bean Sauced Seafood
- 3 Tbs Chinese fermented black beans (dow shih)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbs light soy sauce
- 2 Tbs dry sherry
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 Thin slices ginger root
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 8 oz Surimi Seafood, crab-flavored, chunk or leg style, cut diagonnaly
- 2 Green onions, thinly sliced
- Rinse salt from black beans; soak briefly in water to cover.
- Meanwhile, in blender container, combine chicken broth, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch, sugar, ginger root and garlic. Drain black beans, add to container. Cover and blend, pulsing motor, until pureed.
- Pour mixture into small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Stir in Surimi Seafood, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until Surimi is hot throughout. Serve over brown or white rice, sprinkled with green onions.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 16 (8%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(2%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 22g
(9%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.