Black Bean and Chicken Salad
This flavorful salad with lime dressing is great to make with leftover chicken—a tangy, no-cook meal made in minutes! Serve with bread and sliced fruit.
- 3 1/3 cups black beans, canned, rinsed and drained (two 15-ounce cans)
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Dressing:1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped (or fresh chopped parsley)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Prepare dressing: In a jar or small bowl, combine lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, chicken, celery, red pepper, and onion. Pour dressing over bean mixture and toss well. Salad should marinate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss salad before serving and place on a bed of lettuce.
Calories from Fat 107 (28%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 43g
(68%)Dietary Fiber 17g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.