Beef Tri-Tip with Rosemary-Garlic Vegetables
A coating of garlic and rosemary enhance the flavor of the beef tri-tip.
- 1 beef tri-tip roast (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 12 small red-skinned potatoes, halved
- 2 medium red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into eighths
- 2 medium sweet onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- Seasoning:2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Combine seasoning ingredients; press 1/2 onto beef roast. Combine remaining seasoning with oil and vegetables in large bowl; toss.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Place vegetables on rack around roast. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 40 minutes for medium rare; 40 to 45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when instant-read thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer to board; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F. Remove peppers. Continue roasting potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Carve roast across the grain. Serve with vegetables.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 131 (27%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(23%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 50g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.