Beef Steak & Potato Kabobs
Classic steak and potatoes is ready in minutes thanks to these quick kabobs.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 lb all-purpose potatoes
- 2 medium yellow or zucchini squash
- Sauce:3/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Cut potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Combine sauce ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half. Cut beef steak and squash into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine beef, squash, potatoes and 1/3 cup sauce in large bowl; toss. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 168 (42%)
(28%)Total Fat 18g
(35%)Saturated Fat 7g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 32g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.