Beef & Vegetable Fried Rice
Pea pods add a nice crunch to this savory presentation of beef and vegetable fried rice.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen pea pods
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Brown ground beef with garlic and ginger in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking beef up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Remove beef with slotted spoon. Pour off drippings.
- Heat 2 tablespoons water in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and pea pods; cook 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Return beef to skillet; heat through. Stir in green onions.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 242 (47%)
(40%)Total Fat 26g
(49%)Saturated Fat 10g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 40g
(11%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.