BBQ-Rubbed Beef Roast
Succulent round roast gets special treatment with a sweet and spicy rub.
- 1 beef eye round roast (about 2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tsp water
- 1- 3/4 lbs small new red potatoes, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- BBQ Rub3 Tbs chili powder
- 3 Tbs packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 325°F. Combine BBQ Rub ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons rub for potatoes. Press remaining rub mixture evenly onto beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F oven 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. Transfer to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Meanwhile, combine reserved rub with 2 teaspoons water in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat evenly. Place potatoes on metal baking pan and lightly spray with cooking spray. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour. Uncover potatoes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carve beef roast into thin slices; serve with potatoes.
Calories from Fat 56 (18%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.