Basil Baked Cod Fillets
Lemon juice, basil, and black pepper offer a quick burst of flavor to simple cod fillets.
- 1/2 lb cod, haddock, lingcod, or orange roughy fillets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- dash salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and cut lengthwise into thin slices
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain and pat fillets dry and cut into 2 serving pieces. Combine oil and lemon juice in a baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat both sides. Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt. Overlap tomatoes in an even layer on fish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F about 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 32 (24%)
(6%)Total Fat 4g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
(3%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.