Basic Microwave French Omelet
Feeling sophisticated? Combine broccoli, brie and toasted almonds. In a south-of-the-border mood? Try corn, salsa, chorizo and jalapeno cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup filling, such as shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate on high until melted, about 30 seconds. Tilt plate to coat bottom evenly. Pour egg mixture into hot pie plate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, leaving a small vent.
- microwave on high 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 minutes. Do not stir.
- when top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place filling on one half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half with turner; slide from pie plate onto serving plate. Serve immediately.
- The secret of success. A tight cover is essential to achieve a tender, easily rolled or folded omelet in the microwave. It makes stirring unnecessary, and it traps steam, which promotes even cooking.
Calories from Fat 123 (69%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.