Barramundi Fish Taco
Jalapeño peppers, chile powder, and cumin are the secret to these spicy fish tacos.
- 4 Barramundi fillets (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 Tbs chile powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion (cut into medium slices)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (cut into medium slices)
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 8-12 yellow corn tortillas (peanut oil as needed for tortillas)
- 1 cup monterey jack and/or mild cheddar cheese (grated)
- Sear veggies using half the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-hi heat for about 4 minutes (softened but not wilted). Remove from pan.
- Add remainder of oil to pan and add fish, skin side down. Cook about 2 minutes. Add spices and stir fish once with a spatula, trying not to break it too much. Cook one additional minute.
- Add veggies to the fish, gently mix and remove from heat.
- In a clean pan over low heat put a few drops of oil, add a tortilla and gently move around with fingers, flip and repeat, until warmed and softened. About 1 minute. Stack warmed tortillas on a plate and cover with clean dish towel to keep warm.
- Serve at once. Allow diners to spoon fish into tacos and add cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc., as desired. Eat with hands.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 221 (51%)
(39%)Total Fat 25g
(40%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(22%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.