Barbecue Lamb Pita Pizza
Barbecue sauce, pineapples, and cayenne pepper contribute to the sweet and spicy flavors of these lamb pizzas.
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound ground American Lamb
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pita breads (5 to 7-inch)
- 8 canned pineapple slices, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add bell pepper and onion, cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add lamb, garlic salt and cook until brown, stirring to crumble. Drain well.
- In bowl, mix together barbecue sauce and cayenne pepper.
- Add 1 cup barbecue sauce mixture to cooked lamb. Spread 2 tablespoons remaining barbecue sauce on each pita bread.
- Top each pita bread with 4 pieces pineapple and 1/2 cup lamb mixture. Sprinkle each pita with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Bake in 400° F oven until topping is hot and cheese is melted. Cut each pizza into 4 or 8 wedges.
Calories from Fat 185 (39%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 53g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.