Cayenne pepper and Worcestershire sauce surround the shrimp with savory spiciness.
- 5 lbs extra jumbo (U/12) shrimp (shell-on)
- 2 lbs real butter
- 3 to 4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbs chopped rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz of beer
- 5 to 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium onion, very finely minced
- 3 ribs celery, very finely minced
- 3 to 4 Tbs chopped parsley
- 2 tsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Drown the shrimp in the seasoned butter, using as many baking dishes as you need. Make sure the shrimp are more or less submerged. If they're not melt more butter and add to the sauce. Bake in a 350° F oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 15 minutes. Serve in big bowls, place a handful of shrimp and ladle some of the spicy butter sauce over it. Serve with plenty of warm French bread.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 343 (75%)
(60%)Total Fat 39g
(118%)Saturated Fat 24g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.