Balsamic Glazed Pear and Goat Cheese Crostini
An earthy balsamic vinegar glaze provides the "pear-fect" balance between sweet pears and salty goat cheese.
- 2 pears
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp honey
- 24 baguette rounds, toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, spreadable
- 1/2 cup almonds, slivered, toasted
- black pepper, ground, if desired
- Slice pears stem side up into 12 quarter-inch width vertical planks. Cut large slices in half lengthwise for a total of 48 slices.
- Heat vinegar, butter, and honey in large frying pan, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir constantly, until reduced by half, about 2 tablespoons. Add pear slices and continue cooking for 1 minute turning once.
- Place 2 pear slices on each baguette round and top with 1 teaspoon goat cheese. Sprinkle almonds over cheese and garnish with fresh pepper, if desired.
Calories from Fat 69 (27%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(13%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 37g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.