Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Barbara Hansen, Montclair High School, Montclair, CA
Crab and Parmesan cheese make a savory stuffing for these simple shrimp appetizers.
- 1 package frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 Tbs Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8-20 milk crackers, crushed
- 12-16 large, raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- Drain juice from thawed crabmeat and save. Melt butter. Blend in crabmeat and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gradually add crushed crackers. If mixture is too thick, thin with crabmeat juice. Place mixture in shrimp, opened butterfly style. Bake at 375° F for 20 minutes. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 143 (54%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(41%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 16g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.