A great alternative to a dinner-party roast. It can be made the day before and served chilled or warm with a rice pilaf and broccoli spears.
- 6 lbs salmon, (1 whole fish), cleaned
- 1 whole lemon, sliced
- 2 whole green onions
- 2 whole lemons, sliced, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place aluminum foil on a large baking sheet. Place fish on foil.
- Arrange lemon slices and green onion inside cavity of fish. Wrap foil sheets around fish and seal carefully.
- Bake fish for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn fish over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Check to see if fish is done by carefully unwrapping foil and inserting a knife in the thickest part. If fish is still raw in the center, return to oven for 10 minutes.
- When fish is done, carefully unfold foil, exposing the top side. Peel skin off from the top side and then, holding foil, flip fish over to the other side, on to a sheet of plastic wrap. Remove skin from this side.
- Using the plastic wrap, roll fish onto an attractive serving dish and garnish with more lemon slices and parsley
Calories from Fat 98 (44%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 1g
(0%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.