Baked Asian-Style Fillet Packets
- 2 flounder, tilapia or sole fillets, about 1/4 pound each
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oil
- 10 oz package Asian-style frozen vegetables, thawed, or 2 cups mixed frozen vegetables, thawed
- 1 Tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Hot rice for serving (optional)
- Chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- Pat fish dry, season with pepper and place in a baking dish. Heat oil in a medium skillet or wok until hot. Add vegetables and stir-fry over high heat until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Combine soy sauce and cornstarch; add and stir-fry about one minute longer. Spoon vegetable mixture over center third of the fish; fold over ends of fish to enclose vegetables. Cover with foil. Bake at 350°F about 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Transfer fish onto warm plates, sprinkle with chives if desired, and serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 63 (25%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(23%)Dietary Fiber 6g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.