Baked Mushroom Parmesan
With hearty portabella mushrooms topped with melted mozzarella, this quick and flavorful dish will satisfy even die-hard of meat eaters.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, divided
- 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to broil, with top rack about 4" from broiler. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Place mushrooms, gill side down, in a 9 inch baking dish. Broil for 4 minutes, remove and turn gill side up, broil 4 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from baking dish, drain excess liquid. Reduce oven to 400° F.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce on bottom of baking dish, then place mushrooms, gill side up. Sprinkle with basil, red pepper flakes and the remainder of the pasta sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan; bake 5-10 minutes, until the cheese begins to brown. Remove and serve.
Calories from Fat 138 (60%)
(25%)Total Fat 16g
(30%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 11g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.