Bacon, Egg, and Mushroom Burritos
This recipe takes bacon and eggs off of your plate and wraps them up with spinach and mushrooms for a quick meal on the go.
- 6 slices thick applewood, smoked turkey bacon
- 4 oz fresh shiitake or button mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby arugula or spinach
- 12 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- Cook bacon in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; pour off all but 1 Tbsp drippings. Add mushrooms; sauté over medium heat 2 minutes. Add arugula or spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour eggs over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking, pulling, lifting, and folding eggs until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg mixture into center of each tortilla, dividing evenly; top each with 1 bacon slice. Fold in sides of tortillas, then roll up burrito-style.
Calories from Fat 128 (47%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 18g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.