Asparagus Soup with Fried Egg Baguette
For a quick anytime meal, this warming soup provides taste and comfort.
- 2-1/2 cups ready-to-serve reduced fat chicken broth
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese OR cream cheese, softened
- 6 slices French bread, toasted (1/2-inch thick)
- 6 fried eggs
- Heat broth in large saucepan to simmering. Add asparagus and onion. Bring to a boil and cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and cheese; cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into 6 small bowls. Top with toast and fried egg. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 34 (13%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(20%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 29g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.