Asian Veal Meatballs with Noodles
These succulent meatballs are rich in the flavors of ginger and sesame.
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs chopped green onion
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 1- 1/2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked Oriental noodles or fettuccine
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground veal, bread crumbs, mushrooms, egg, chopped green onion, soy sauce, ginger and 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 12 meatballs. Place in greased 15 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake in 350°F oven 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and not pink in center.
- Combine cornstarch mixture and bouillon granules in medium skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Add meatballs; stir gently to coat. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with sliced green onion.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 113 (26%)
(19%)Total Fat 12g
(21%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.