Asian Noodle and Seafood Soup
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 lb squid, cleaned and cut into rings
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 10 oz (5 ounces) package Asian noodles
- 6 oz packaged frozen Chinese pea pods
- 8 oz surimi seafood, crab-flavored, flake-style
- 1 Tbs reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 4 tsp green onion, chopped for garnish
- Combine broth, water, squid and garlic in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.
- Break noodles in half; add to broth along with pea pods, surimi, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Simmer 3 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Ladle into bowls; garnish with green onions. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 28 (7%)
(5%)Total Fat 3g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 67g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.