Asian Grilled Beef Ribs
- 5 pounds beef back ribs
- Marinade:1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In small bowl add jalapeno pepper, ginger, ketchup, Dijon-style mustard, hoisin sauce and water; whisk until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade for basting; add brown sugar and set aside.
- Place ribs in shallow pan or extra large food safe plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Turn to coat. Cover pan tightly or close bag securely; marinate ribs in refrigerator 1 to 4 hours, turning occasionally. Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Prepare charcoal grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of fire grate, leaving open space in the center. When coals are medium, ash-covered (25 to 30 minutes), add 3 to 4 new briquets to each side. Position cooking grid with handles over coals so additional briquets may be added when necessary.
- Place ribs, meat side up, in large (16-1/8 x 11-3/4 x 2-7/8 inches) foil roasting pan; cover tightly with aluminum foil. Place foil pan on cooking grid; cover with grill lid and grill over medium heat 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until ribs are fork-tender. Carefully remove roasting pan from grill; remove ribs from pan and place, meat side up, on grill rack. Baste ribs with reserved marinade; grill, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve ribs with Asian greens and vegetables; sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Note: Add 3 to 4 additional briquets to each side of fire grate every 30 minutes or as necessary to maintain proper heat during grilling.
Calories from Fat 220 (34%)
(36%)Total Fat 24g
(42%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 17g
(5%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.