Asian Chicken Kabobs
- Marinade1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 4 tsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- Kabobs1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast halves, boned and defatted
- 8 cherry tomatoes, washed
- 8 medium mushrooms, washed
- 8 8-inch wooden skewers
- Combine marinade ingredients in a shallow baking dish and mix well. Place wooden skewers in water to soak 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1" x 1" pieces and set aside. Cut chicken into 1-ounce cubes.
- Alternately skewer vegetables and chicken, placing two pieces of each vegetable and 2 cubes of chicken on each skewer.
- Place kabobs in marinade, turning to coat evenly. Marinate covered for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Transfer kabobs to grill or broiler and discard marinade. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
Copyright © 2005 by CR License, LLC
Nutrition Note: A serving is two Kabobs.
Calories from Fat 81 (31%)
(16%)Total Fat 10g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 24g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.