Asian Beef & Broccoli with Noodles
You'll see instant ramen noodles in a whole new light after trying this delicious presentation.
- 1- 1/4 lbs boneless beef top round or top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) Oriental-flavored instant ramen noodles, broken up
- 1- 1/2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grated orange rind (optional)
- Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Combine seasoning from ramen noodles with cornstarch mixture in large bowl. Add beef; toss.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 1 minute. Add noodles and 1-1/2 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drain beef, discarding marinade. Stir-fry 1/2 of beef 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with orange rind.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 191 (46%)
(33%)Total Fat 21g
(31%)Saturated Fat 6g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 26g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.