Apple Spice Cake
A scrumptious, moist cake recipe made lower in fat by replacing some of the fat with orange juice concentrate. Great for potlucks or family gatherings.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, white
- 3 cups unbleached flour, white
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice, frozen concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups chopped apples, (Granny Smith, Jonagold, or Yellow Delicious), peeled
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Prepare 10-inch (25cm) bundt or tube-type pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar and beat well. In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt). Add dry ingredients to egg mixture; blend well. Add in orange juice concentrate, oil and vanilla; mix together. Batter will be thick. Fold apples into batter until blended. Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for one hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the cake’s center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan. Allow cake to cool before serving.
Calories from Fat 78 (28%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrate 47g
(6%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.