Try these for a sweet and healthy twist on traditional pancakes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded wheat bran cereal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Beat eggs, milk, and oil in large bowl until blended. Stir in cereal; let stand until moistened, about 2 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Add to egg mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in apples and pecans.
- Heat lightly greased large non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter into skillet; cook until golden brown, turning once.
Calories from Fat 201 (46%)
(36%)Total Fat 23g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrate 46g
(31%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.