Almost-No-Chopping Black Bean and Salsa Soup
This soup is simplicity at its best. Serve with a bowl of your favorite tortilla chips and let everyone crumble their own.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans fat-free less-sodium chicken broth (about 5 1/4 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 2 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup instant rice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- tortilla chips
- Bring the broth and salsa to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the chicken, beans, and rice. Stir well, turn the heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the corn and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the onions. Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately, breaking tortilla chips on top.
Recipe courtesy of Rotisserie Chickens to the Rescue by Carla Fitzgerald Williams. Copyright © 2003 Carla Fitzgerald Williams. All Rights Reserved. Published by Hyperion. Available wherever books are sold.
Calories from Fat 78 (17%)
(13%)Total Fat 9g
(12%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 58g
(37%)Dietary Fiber 9g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.