All-American Chicken Blueberry Salad Platter
Make your own deli salad delight. Great for Independence Day and you can hold the toast if you like for picnics and barbecues.
- 1/3 cup bottled vinaigrette dressing
- 1 Tbs orange marmalade
- 1 Tbs reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup 1/2-inch cubes red bell pepper
- 2 small scallions, sliced (about 3 tablespoons)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 large slices whole grain country bread
- 4 slices (3/4-inch thick) iceberg lettuce (cut crosswise through center of head)
- 8 to 12 thin crosswise slices tomato
- In a large bowl, combine vinaigrette, marmalade, and mayonnaise; set aside 2 tablespoons. Stir chicken, blueberries, red pepper, and scallions into remaining dressing in the bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place one slice toast on each of 4 dinner plates; divide salad onto toast. Arrange lettuce and tomatoes beside sandwich and drizzle with reserved dressing.
Calories from Fat 123 (29%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(9%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(49%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.