Adobo Crusted Lamb Loin Chops
A new take on the classic medley of seasonings known as adobo, this easy dry rub creates pleasantly aromatic lamb chops.
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs fennel seed
- 1 Tbs cumin seed
- 2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tsp each fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- In a dry skillet, toast fennel, cumin, coriander and pepper for a few minutes until aromatic; let cool and grind coarsely in a spice grinder or blender. Stir in salt, garlic, oregano and lime zest. Add the thyme and rosemary to the spice mixture.
- Rub both sides of each lamb chop with about a tablespoon of the spice mixture; cover and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat ovenproof large skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 Tbs of oil, heating until it shimmers. Place lamb chops in hot pan and sear for 3 minutes; turn lamb to sear the second side for an additional 3 minutes.
- Place the pans into the 400ºF oven; bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Calories from Fat 90 (40%)
(15%)Total Fat 10g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 4g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.