20-Minute Black Bean Soup
Quick and easy, this recipe turns ordinary ingredients into something satisfying and delicious.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces of premade black bean soup
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- Cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne to taste
- Saute the bell pepper, onion, corn and black beans in the olive oil until cooked through (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in the premade black bean soup and all of your spices to taste (I probably ended up with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/8 tsp cayenne). (These spices are essential to making this soup taste great!) Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking and fully heated through, ladle soup into bowls and top with your choice of ingredients!
Calories from Fat 37 (13%)
(7%)Total Fat 4g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 48g
(56%)Dietary Fiber 14g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.