Canned tuna and seasoning mix makes a quick taco filling.
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1(7.1-oz.) pouch OR 2 - 6 oz. cans drained albacore tuna
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup cabbage mix (red and white cabbage with shredded carrots)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 corn tortillas
- fresh salsa
- lime wedges
- In large skillet,combine taco seasoning with water. Cook on medium heat until heated through.
- Flake in tuna and heat until hot; drain and set aside.
- Evenly divide tuna mixture among tortilla and top evenly with cheese, onion, cabbage mix and tomatoes. Serve immediately with salsa and lime wedge.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 81 (38%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(24%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.