Tuna Salad Rustico
Canned tuna makes this salad a quick lunch or light weeknight meal.
- 1 can (12 oz) or 2 cans (6 oz) or 1 pouch (7 oz.) albacore tuna
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinaigrette vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 1-inch thick slices crusty bread
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 c. drained capers (optional)
- 4 oz. mixed baby field greens
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes; marinate in 1/4 c. vinaigrette.
- Fry onions in vegetable oil in small saucepan until golden brown.
- Brush bread generously with olive oil. Broil or grill until lightly toasted.
- Combine remaining vinaigrette with albacore, tomatoes, capers. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On each plate, place toasted bread slice, mound with albacore mixture, salad greens and asparagus. Top with fried onions and remaining vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 33 (13%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(5%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 35g
(21%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2015 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Aisle7, the company.
Learn more about the authors of Aisle7 products.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.